Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Does God know what we're going to choose?

This week has been full of great revelation and headaches after being overwhelmed by everything that I've been learning. Learning about repentance hasn't been much of a breeze as I thought it would be. I realised I know nothing about this and my mind has just been completely reversed and meddled with but in a good way, because now I'm beginning to understand God, His love, freewill and choice. (See notes on "metanoia" for more information on this)

Hokay, so...the question is at it says above.
Here are the facts to set the scene:
- God is all loving, all knowing, all powerful.
- God sees everyone as good and loves everyone just the same, and therefore has not created any of us to fail/reject Him.
- God has given us free-will to choose.
- Because God loves us, He is risking the fact that there are some that will not choose to love Him back (e.g. Think about a person you really love - you would try to pursue him/her with the risk that he/she may not love you back, but you take that r
isk)

What do you think?






1 comment:

  1. Fine I'll write it down... ha ha... so we discussed this a lot but as I pointed out just now like thinking of Judas.. yes Jesus (GOD) knew what he was going to choose, and He said it SO... basically He knows what we are going to be confronted with and what we are going to lean towards... or do... I'm not sure but ANYWAYS like He's doesn't just let us run into the wall, He warns us, He tries to get us outta'it! Get'it ? ha ha, Yep, just keep your heart OPEN to his voice and I'm sure he will let you know where you might be getting into a bit of risky business... God has not set us up to fail, sooooo yeah.... ok complicated topic but just had to throw the Judas/warning thing out there !

    'Night !

    ReplyDelete